Up until now I've been cooling the thermally (and physically) isolated server room from the rest of my house and using a large mini-split to keep it cool. However the mini-split has reached its limits; The room now has 9-10 kW of gear in it.
The network side of my rack redo is almost done. Once the two SRX650s on top are removed it'll be good to go.
- 4x SRX650s w/ 10GbE
- 2x RackSwitch G8264
- 2x RackSwitch G8000 w/ 10GbE
- 1x Digi console serve
- 1x Avocent KVM
- 2x Voltaire Infiniband 4036 - 4xQDR (aka 40Gbps)
The IB network will be used for Lustre.
My yum mirrors are back up and stable. Although they're 100% on my home infra atm. Long term I plan to use an OVH-Virgina set of VMs to act as caching proxies before hitting my home.
Protocols Supported: HTTP & HTTPS
I'm sure some of you are wondering how much this project costs...
- 1x Scalar i2000 = $1755 + $432 shipping
- 1x Scalar i6000 = $2,500 + $750 shipping
- 6x Misc i2000/i6000 FC blades (2x 2Gbps, 4x 4Gbps) = $210
- 6x FC Quad Port HBAs = $260
- 2x Cisco DS-C9148-32P-K9 = $550
- Misc fiber, SFPs, patch panels, etc = ~$1,500
- 1x LTO-6 FC tape drive = $1,895