Looks like the buttons are both fine - Once I got it apart and tested it with a multi meter it became apparent that the robotics enable button is just momentary - it's a different kind of switch from the power switch. Based on the LEDs on the LMD (Library Motor Driver) it looks like that might be the problem. I'm going to check the rest of the fuses first though.
Looks like the robotics enable/disable switch on the i2000 is probably bad. Ordered a new switch panel but it'll be a while before it gets here. Gonna see what I can do in the meantime. At the very least I'd like to test and make sure that there aren't other issues I can be working on.
The attached image is the replacement one I got. It was around $34 on ebay.
Thanks to my sister and her husband my tape libraries will now be the "Gibsons". I think I'll go with gibson2 and gibson6 for hostnames. Non-sequential just to mess with people...
The default GUI accounts are:
How to decode /usr/local/amc/app/Server/LMAccts.xml:
You can get root access via telnet to fetch LMAccts.xml per this doc: https://www.gpmidi.net/node/46
with open('/path/to/LMAccts.xml','rb') as f:
Root's SSH Key
The root user has an ssh key allowed by default: 'ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAQEA17NPD/1mXAN2kZ/E4YneYYLD7UEi+MiZ94ijJ2+b+oUxdZlGrpZH3zEsJZZGdLrAD+iDs1a0DS44CPEUmh1IF9i/joV4dmJctZEp7H15Z09p+r/1SIsfjwdJ7yNxLy2gc5wmrr09vjmNq0v8+yTWdawll2zjvygqvtYMYR2kD8QT9GT+6yTjWNCq+l1LFXM8wwwK3NI9DTxJh7KcLt1OgbrAlc4ZUhcS/4oOunMASVa0FCxtu5yVetoVdGC8b7YWQQTkzs3z3mpK1iqVNBxfs+LcPJDed35BVwb4Ajm2SWR6XJxK/Evj5jDqekEU23M2i2E4+2L9zQANzZoq6AbUvQ=='
- Connect to the service port
- It's that little black covered on that says not to use
- Set your ip to 10.10.1.100
- The last octet can be anything but .1
- Use 'telnet' to connect to 10.10.1.1
- Login with "root" and "dallas"
I found this by using john the ripper on /etc/shadow in 10.10.1.1:/tftpboot/cmboot/initrd-dmcb (NFS). The initrd is gzip'ed. Once unzipped you can mount it with a loop device.
I'm sure some of you are wondering how much this project costs...
- 1x Scalar i2000 = $1755 + $432 shipping
- 1x Scalar i6000 = $2,500 + $750 shipping
- 6x Misc i2000/i6000 FC blades (2x 2Gbps, 4x 4Gbps) = $210
- 6x FC Quad Port HBAs = $260
- 2x Cisco DS-C9148-32P-K9 = $550
- Misc fiber, SFPs, patch panels, etc = ~$1,500
- 1x LTO-6 FC tape drive = $1,895